Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Unstopable

It is 3 in the morning. I cannot sleep. I just got out of bed and decided to go online. Forgive me if I ramble or say something stupid.

I saw a similar image on FB that one of my co workers posted. She has a son with severe physical needs.  I am often amazed at her strength. It make me wonder sometimes which cross is heavier to bear. Hers or mine. She probably posted this image to show that kids with special needs can achieve more with the correct device to assist them.

It made me wonder how this image pertains to my situation. I feel like my if is the the small arms of the T-rex.  I thought about all of the times that I allowed it to limit my happiness bc I was unable to reach my goal. 

The grabbers allow the T-rex to do what he could not before. If the T-rex wants to pick up things, then it should not matter how he does this.  

My goals are to become happier and to be a mother. So what are the grabbers in my life? What do I need to assist me? Lately I have spent more time with my friends, dh, hobbies, etc instead of spending every waking moment worrying about if, looking for the next possible treatment, trying treatments, feeling jealous towards others etc. 

The adoption process gives me hope, but at the same time it has been a long process and I am not sure of how much longer it will be or if it will ever happen. I guess it would be like the T-rex seeing another T-rex with grabbers and his were on back order. He was not sure if he would ever be able to get a pair or not. 



1 comment:

  1. I love this picture! I imagine you screaming this at the top of your lungs when your son/daughter is in your arms. (or maybe quietly in your mind). To me - you have always been UNSTOPPABLE. You have always persevered.
    Prayers as you wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.