Home Adoption Timeline Adoption Resources Infertility Resources My TCC Summary Image Map

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Paperwork Preview

Today we went into the office to see the SW and go over the papers we will sign once the baby is born. We have to sign many papers stating that we understand the risks. They cannot guarantee what the health of the child will be and the bm has 30 days to change her mind etc. They will do some testing of the baby and the bm at the hospital to check for basic health and do a drug screen.

It was a nice meeting. We had heard most of the case details before. There was one surprise. The bm did not pay her insurance bill. When the sw found out, she paid, but it was too late and now the bm has none and needs to reapply.  We might have to cover the delivery bill which would be a few thousand more. She said sometimes the hospital will cut you a break when you are the adoptive parents. The sw is trying to get the issue straightend out and she said that if it goes through they might be able to get it covered even after the baby is born. We would not have to pay for this until after the 30 days since we would not be respobsible unless we keep the baby. Although this could be more money I don't care unless it is nonrefundable. I have come this far already.

The sw told us to keep going with this case. She congratulated us on making it this far. It is a weird place to be in. I am very excited to have made it this far. I am excited that the plan is that I will take this baby home. I am scared to get too excited bc this is not permanent yet.

She said after the 30 days are up then we go to court to file for pemanent placement. She told us to tell our family to think of it as we will be foster parents for 30 days. She told us not to have a party yet. I had to laugh bc I have nothing set up and I told my family already no parties until the 30 days are up.

My friend gave me a car seat. So far that is the only thing I have. I might go shopping this weekend and get a few things to hide in the house.

The sw asked us if we knew the gender. She never mentioned it so I just assumed they did not know. She knew and asked us if we wanted to know. I was afraid and then I looked at dh, I was shocked when he wanted to know. We found out.............It is crazy that even though you are happy for either, knowing makes it more real. I am not telling anyone yet. I need to process this first.

Count down to the due date: 14 days

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So much is happening! Definitely prayers for whatever comes next. 30 days sounds like such a long time...are you in MD? We are, and I know they have a 30 day waiting period after the baby's birth. Prayers and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all as this keeps being a possibility and for God to provide no matter the insurance and hospital and delivery details. So happy to hear you have a little piece of information to keep just for yourselves too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow even after all this waiting this seems to be progressing quickly! Many prayers as the due date approaches :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love getting comments. You may also send me a private message if needed. I had to turn the word verification back on due to way too much spam.